Monday, January 25, 2010

Cabled Zipper Pouch


I did not have a pouch to put my little knitting accessories in... so I decided to make one.  I'd never even attempted cables before, so I figured this is a great opportunity to try a swatch.  Any swatch can become a pouch, with a little side sewing, add a zipper... instant gratification!

This celtic knot cable came from one of my favorite books, "Super Stitches Knitting" by Karen Hemingway.  Thus I cannot take any credit for the pattern and I don't believe it would be right to copy here what I did... suffice it to say that it is a 24 stitch cable, done over 16 rows, and I added 4 stitches at either end to make a larger background.   If you like this cable you should see the rest of her book, it's FABULOUS. 


Then I hand sewed on the zipper, and now I have the most adorable pouch *ever*.

No comments:

Post a Comment